We all get comfortable in life. We establish routines, and sometimes years later, we realize we are still the person we were years ago. 2018 was a year of change for me.
At the start of the year I established very clear goals to work towards and was able to check off every single one of the items on my list! My 2018 goals were:
- Work for a top notch consulting firm – Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. www.avanade.com.
- Move from AWS to working in Azure – Azure is the future!
- Move to a family friendly state – Texas is my new home, my family loves it here!
- Achieve long overdue MCSE: SQL Server – As well as the elusive MCSE: SQL Server, earned both Azure/AWS Architect certs and both Azure/AWS Big Data certs!
- Attend SQL PASS Summit, no matter what! – Rejuvenated. Reconnected with the group who keeps me motivated.
- Host a Microsoft Community Event – On December 15 2018, I coordinated a local edition of the globally coordinated event #GlobalAIBootcamp. Tickets to the event SOLD OUT in 3 weeks, with 9 distinguished speakers and almost 100 registrants.
- Achieve Companion Pass Status (Southwest) – 40+ trips this year, … Boston, Seattle, Portland, Houston, Chicago, New York. For 2019, Hawaii here we come!
At each step of the way, I’ve added friends and made connections within the Microsoft User Group Community. An open and accepting community where everyone is generous with their knowledge and WANTS you to succeed. I undoubtedly would not have been as successful this year without their support!
2018 was a great year, and to help plan for a great 2019, I’ve compiled my action items for achieving continued success next year:
- Fail Faster – don’t be afraid to pivot, pre-determine your risk tolerance, set stop losses
- Establish Feedback Loops – increase engagement with others, adapt!
- Ask for Help – find others with similar goals, seek out champions… work together
- Mentor More – community is knowledge sharing, see yourself in others… support them!
- Smile More! – Smiles are infectious!
Find your champions.. Ask for help! Kyle Hale, Innovation Leader
*Missing Thor Schueler, Innovation Leader #WeAreAvanade
Find yourself in others .. Support them! Emiline Ensley and I.
Global AI Bootcamp – Houston Edition 2019. #WomenInTech
I will keep you posted on how these actions track against my goals throughout the year. In the interim, I wish you continued success with all of your personal endeavors in 2019!
Best Wishes… Alicia Moniz